Project and Over-Dimensional
Steam Logistics has a global freight management group dedicated to the needs of shippers with complex, high-value, heavy-lift and over-dimensional project cargo. Every project shipment, over-dimensional and heavy lift move is different, requiring a custom-made approach. Steam Logistics assists their clients from the initial planning and budgeting phase to final delivery and installation.
Heavy-Lift / Over-Dimensional
Our dedicated team of specialists will plan, manage and execute the optimal solution for even the most complex cargo. Whether it's securing special permits or engineering a solution across multiple modes of transport, customers can count on Steam Logistics.
Services we offer to ensure incident-free shipping include:
- Conducting detailed, country-specific port, route and bridge surveys. Prepared site reports identify challenges and mange them in advance
- Reviewing the market to find the right carriers and partners
- Preparing lift plans and tie-down recommendations
- Analyzing the shipment to determine whether outside dimensions and weight per piece can be reduced. This allows us to expand carrier and routing options and to minimize transport and handling costs
- Providing on-site representation during loading and unloading
Project solutions require expertise. It may be a one-time move requiring the chartering of an exclusive use ocean vessel or specialized aircraft. Or, it may be a long-term project requiring vendor management, the issuing of cargo receipts, and the consolidation of freight across multiple modes of transport.
Steam Logistics services a number of vertical industries, including:
- Energy, oil and gas
- Utilities and wind energy
For more information on how we can help with your project and over-dimensional shipments, please contact Steam Logistics at firstname.lastname@example.org.